Current status = Closed but I want to find before Close status , how many times reopened ?

Prashant Sharan December 7, 2022

Current =status is Closed but I want to know how to find the number of times reopened before getting closed ?   

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vedant Kulkarni
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2022

@Prashant Sharan you need a plugin like Scriptrunner because default JQL cannot give you the count of status if any issue passes to form a status.

I can see you have tagged Jira Server, so you can use the Scripted field feature from Scriptrunner.

ScriptedField.JPG

Prashant Sharan December 7, 2022

Hi @Vedant Kulkarni , Could you pls provide the steps ? Sorry, m not too technical ..Sorry whr to get the plugin , Also once we plugin this feature " No of times in status " available ? 

Vedant Kulkarni
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2022

@Prashant Sharan here you go.

• Scriptrnner for Jira is the plugin/add-on from the vendor Adaptavist
  • The add-on is available for Jira Server/Datacenter and Jira Cloud as well. As you are using the Jira server, you can use the trial version of it by installing the add-on from Marketplace. You can refer to this article for installing the add-on.
  • Once you install it, you will see the features from Scriptrunner, that can be navigated through the Admin icon

scriptrunnerFeature.JPG

• Once you navigate to the Scriptrunner section, you will see the Fields option, after accessing the option, you will see Create Script Field button

scriptrunnerFeature_list.JPG

• Once you clicked on the button, the add-on provides you with some built-in templates

scriptrunnerFeature_fields.JPG

• Select the No of Time in Status 
  • Fill in the details and add a field on the target screen

I hope this will help you, please try it from your end.

Prashant Sharan December 10, 2022

thxs a lot Vedant ! really helpful 

Suggest an answer