Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Create on Transition - Custom Field of the "Single Issue Picker" type problem ?

Edited

I have the "Create on Transition" add in.  I am having trouble getting the value of a custom field to transfer on an issue I am creating.  I have tried nearly every combination of values for the URL.  No matter what I try, the field value does not transfer.  I don't have this problem with any of the other fields.  What is the correct format I should be using here?

Create on transition issue.PNG

I have tried using just the issue key, just the URL, the key and URL, the summary and URL (In image above) - none are working... 😒

1 answer

Hi Pete,

Thanks for raising a request.

The custom field type "Issue Picker" is from a 3rd party app, as you mentioned in the internal support ticket.

Unfortunately, as you might understand, we will invest in supporting a 3rd party field type only if several users request it. We do offer full support to the Jira native custom field types. I am sorry for any inconvenience.

We have an Improvement issue open to gather interest from the community, please check my comment below.

Have a great rest of the week.

Cheers,
Gabriela

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

Upcoming changes to epic fields in company-managed projects

👋 Hi there Jira Community! A few months ago we shared with you plans around renaming epics in your company-managed projects. As part of these changes, we highlighted upcoming changes to epics on...

14,814 views 37 48
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you