Create a sub-task in Next-Get

Michael Schmitz March 15, 2019

In the documentation it says:

Create a subtask

A subtask can be created for an issue to either split the issue into smaller chunks, or to allow various aspects of an issue to be assigned to different people. If you find a subtask is holding up the resolution of an issue, you can convert the subtask to an issue, to allow it to be worked on independently. If you find an issue is really just a subtask of a bigger issue, you can also convert an issue to a subtask.

You can only create subtasks if your administrator has enabled subtasks, and has added the subtask issue type to the project's issue type scheme.

1. Navigate to the issue you would like to be the parent issue of the subtask you are about to create.
  2. Select more (•••) >  Create subtask. You will see the Create subtask screen.
  3. Fill in the details as needed, and then click Create at the bottom of the page.

And in my Jira Settings I have the following:

1. Issues

2. Search Jira admin

Sub-tasks

Sub-Tasks are currently turned ON. You can manage your sub-tasks as part of standard issue types here.

But when we select more (...) on an issue, there is no option to Create subtask

I am assuming this is a user issue, but I can't figure it out.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2019

Hello @Michael Schmitz 

Currently it's an open ticket

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17155

No option to add a issue type "sub-task" for next-gen projects

Suggest an answer