Changing the Assignee of an issue, the first character typed results in an error

duncan-atkinson September 29, 2017

We have an issue where the population of the suggestions under Assignee fails when we type a character.

This is particularly prominent if using the shortcut 'a' to re assign the issue. but happens every time everywhere for me. but I have been able to re-assign someone when I open the issue in a separate tab.

If I manage to to type 2 characters then it appears to behave itself.

In user management we have 2 directories listed, Internal and Active Directory.

The error is

Environment

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_12_6) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/61.0.3163.100 Safari/537.36

Stack trace

2 answers

0 votes
duncan-atkinson October 2, 2017

Sorry I was not clear above, it is not the opening in a different tab which is relevant here, it is opening the issue on it's own. when using 'a' short cut to assign a task from within a sprint board the issue is more prominent. however it is still an issue from the Issue view.

We have no banner. Will update this Question if we find an add-on which is causing this behaviour.

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 29, 2017

Hi Duncan,

Do you have an announcement banner?  If you do try removing the announcement banner to see if you continue to run into the issue.

It's interesting the behavior is different in a another tab.  What about a private/incognito browser or another browser all together?

I've also seen add-ons cause this behavior.  When you have a window to disable the add-ons and enable safe mode, do so and see if you get the same results.  If not, re-enable them one by one and see which one is causing this behavior.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer