Cannot edit epic name in GH rapid board

I am the Jira administrator, and I have created a project as a sandbox to test out features in GH. On the planning board mode, with epics showing - I have two epics that have the default "unlabeled" names attached. When I try to edit the name or mark these epics as done, I get an error message that says I do not have permission to edit the name.

I created another epic, and have no problems with that one. Any clues as to why I cannot edit the previously existing epic on the rapid board (planning mode)?

Permissions are set correctly, as I have demonstrated with creating a new epic. Roles are set correctly as well.

I'm at a loss as to where to look.

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

I think that this was just a bug on that one issue, as I was able to do everything to all other epic's that did not have a label name, including mark them as complete.

I ended up just deleting that test issue because everything I did with it seemed to cause an error, and I couldn't reproduce it with any other issue.

To anyone who might still be interested in this or similar issues, this situation suggests some mismatch in the Epic-related Custom Fields.

• names beginning with "unlabelled" (with Issue Key following) are a result of the Epic Name field being empty;
  • the permissions error will be displayed even if the user has relevant rights in Jira, but the Epic is Resolved or Closed - then Greenhopper won't be allowed to edit the Epic Status field.

New Epics were correctly, most likely because re-indexing took place in the meantime, and field inconsistencies were fixed.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

432 views 1 14
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot