Cannot edit epic name in GH rapid board

Susan Hazlett December 18, 2012

I am the Jira administrator, and I have created a project as a sandbox to test out features in GH. On the planning board mode, with epics showing - I have two epics that have the default "unlabeled" names attached. When I try to edit the name or mark these epics as done, I get an error message that says I do not have permission to edit the name.

I created another epic, and have no problems with that one. Any clues as to why I cannot edit the previously existing epic on the rapid board (planning mode)?

Permissions are set correctly, as I have demonstrated with creating a new epic. Roles are set correctly as well.

I'm at a loss as to where to look.

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

I think that this was just a bug on that one issue, as I was able to do everything to all other epic's that did not have a label name, including mark them as complete.

I ended up just deleting that test issue because everything I did with it seemed to cause an error, and I couldn't reproduce it with any other issue.

0 votes
Dobroslawa Wierzbicka
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2013

To anyone who might still be interested in this or similar issues, this situation suggests some mismatch in the Epic-related Custom Fields.

• names beginning with "unlabelled" (with Issue Key following) are a result of the Epic Name field being empty;
  • the permissions error will be displayed even if the user has relevant rights in Jira, but the Epic is Resolved or Closed - then Greenhopper won't be allowed to edit the Epic Status field.

New Epics were correctly, most likely because re-indexing took place in the meantime, and field inconsistencies were fixed.

Suggest an answer