Can you create a branch with all lower case?

Ben Fillipucci November 12, 2020

Is it possible when using the Vs code extension and the 'Start Work' feature to create a branch,  with all lowercase letters.

right now i have it set to `{{{prefix}}}{{{issueKey}}}`

and I would like to make issuekey lowercase

1 answer

0 votes
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 19, 2020

Hi @Ben Fillipucci ,

If I understand correctly you are looking for a way to create a branch with all lowercase letters, also the issue key, using the VS Code integration.

If my understanding is correct, then I am afraid that this functionality is not available at the moment. I have talked to the team building this integration and they suggested to create a feature request for this in:

Therefore, I went ahead and I have created a feature request for this on your behalf:

Please review above feature request and add more details if needed (or let me know if I should change anything).

Cheers,
Dario

Ben Fillipucci November 19, 2020

Perfect Thanks!!

Like Dario B likes this
andrew_wynyard May 11, 2023

Is this issue still a thing? Im wanting to have this also, and haven't seen anything. I can't seem to access the issue. 

Ellen S_
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 10, 2024

Adding plus 1 to this! 

Ellen S_
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 10, 2024

I'm learning that if you use VS Code and install the Jira extension, there's a way to create branches with lower case! But I still haven't found a way to accomplish this using Jira's website. 

VS Code extension for Jira
https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=Atlassian.atlascode

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events