Can you configure the Cumulative Flow Diagram to view just the sprint you are in?

Chris Christou March 8, 2018

I am working with a team who would  like to view Cumulative Flow Diagram, but just for the current sprint. At the moment the CFD is not displaying what we want. I thought this would be easy to set but that's not the case. 

4 answers

8 votes
Matthew Tomlin June 22, 2018

It looks like you could setup a filter on your board that is "sprint in openSprints()" and then refine the CFD to use this filter

Daniel June 24, 2018

Yeah, I've just discovered that option. I love it. Certainly, this does the trick for us!

Deleted user February 7, 2019

That worked perfectly, and finally gave us an option to use stories+subtasks and still be able to provide a report to management on work being done throughout the sprint. Been looking for a solution to this for a week. Thanks!

Kevin O_Brien February 7, 2019

Holly Balloni! That worked! Awesome thanks it was very frustrating trying to get this report to work. 

Roylen Topno June 19, 2019

I am too looking to view Cumulative Flow Diagram for a particular sprint.

Please provide the steps.

Kevin O_Brien July 24, 2019

Just what Mat said above "setup a filter on your board that is "sprint in openSprints()" and then refine the CFD to use this filter". Works 100%

tim.cox May 12, 2020

Anyone know how to adjust this filter so that it lets you select the sprint? So you can also select closed sprints?

Krzysztof Kaczmarczyk July 2, 2021

Use below as a quick filter, and set the date range in the cumulative flow diagram right.

"sprint = <name of the sprint>" 

You'll have to edit this quick filter (or create new one) whenever you want to see data for a different sprint.

1 vote
Daniel May 16, 2018

I don't think it's currently able to be done - but you can vote for the issue here by the looks of it: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-5153

1 vote
boardtc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2018

I would like exactly this, to be able to have some sort of graph which shows the amount of time the stories per sprint spent in each status, this would help to find bottlenecks in the user story cycle time.

Currently, if I change the x-axis to the sprint, the y-axis still shows the total issues for the team, so all the detail is lost for me in the CFD since the majority is taken up by all the accumulated done issues, which is not useful at all imho.

0 votes
Keyran G July 29, 2020

I am tried but not able to see or configure CFD for a sprint and to a specific team, for such a simple basic report/data Jira is of no use. I find it difficult to use Jira

Suggest an answer