Can't add a specific column while in the Search/Filter panel.

Eric C March 12, 2021

Hi,

Once in the Filter / Search panel, I want to add a column. Say for "Status".

So I click on "Columns" (doesn't matter whether I select "My Defaults" or "Filter", same problem), I type "Status", but - since we have thousands of Custom Fields in our DC - I get so many options that include the string status and comes before "Status" in alphabetically order (like "EPIC Status") that I cannot select the field "Status". It says at the bottom "9 more options. Continue typing to refine further".) Thing is that I have typed the whole field now. So I'm stuck! and can't see that field "Status" which is among those "9 more".

Any trick (other than reducing the amount of Custom Fields in the Data Center!) that you can suggest so I can select "Status". (Status is just an example! Luckily, that one was there by default from the beginning, but I have the exact same problem with a few other fields.)

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 12, 2021

Hi Eric,

Not sure if this would help or not, but you might try with a larger monitor, or decrease the resolution of you browser view by pressing CTRL - (CTRL MINUS) a few times to see if it gives you more fields to see. 

Then you can press CTRL 0 to return to normal size. 

Eric C March 22, 2021

Thanks John, but I already tried that, and it did not help. Apparently JIRA has decided on a specific/limited amount of fields to be shown. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2021

I would go ahead and open a support ticket to see if Atlassian has any other kind of work around.

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Suggest an answer