Board Prioritization

Vitalij Kacanovskij February 11, 2021

Can I order tasks by priority in Jira board? Without swimlanes, team doesn't like it, IDK why. 

3 answers

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 11, 2021

Hi Vitalij - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You can edit the board filter to add to the end of the query: 

ORDER BY Priority

But realize that will affect all columns on the board, and you will no longer be able to drag cards up and down to change the priority. 

Thanks, but it ignores filter unfortunately :) 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2021

Can you share an example of that? I am not aware of how the board can ignore the filter. 

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 11, 2021

Unless I am misunderstanding yes this is possible. Edit you board filter (board settings > general) and add Order by Priority to the end. Remove your swimlanes and give it a go.

Thanks for help doesn't work though :) 

0 votes
Vit Mee February 11, 2021

Hi @Vitalij Kacanovskij 

With default priority fields it's not possible. 

Try Ducalis integration to prioritize with your framework and turn on auto-export priority rank into Jira issue.

Check this out: https://hello.ducalis.io/task-trackers/jira-priority-sorting-backlog

I will try to get it спасибо!

Suggest an answer