After upgrading to 8.13.3, some custom fields showing script in the description

Rahul Krishna March 30, 2021

We upgraded our test server from 7.13.2 to 8.13.3 and started testing

1. we cant create tickets for one project in particular. Page dims and it spins indefinitely

2. when I turned off "Enable HTML in project description" and "Enable HTML in field descriptions and list item values", I can see the create issue form.

3. But the list types show javascript in the description.

I did the locked re-indexing. But it wont go away.

And now this is repeating in our another test server which was upgrade to 8.5.10

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2021

Atlassian are gradually removing the ability to inject breaking javascript into descriptions.  You'll quite simply have to remove the script from there.

There is no script in the description i checked it.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2021

Have you checked both the field configuration and the custom field definition?

Yes, when I saw the script, first I went to custom fields and searched for it in the description, there was nothing there and then I went to that project's field configuration I noticed a few select list's have that script in the description so I hide them. This happened last week.

Rahul Krishna April 1, 2021

removed custom field description but its still showing but when i edited field configuration description to some generic info like this is the description of the field or something. its gone. The only problem is now i have to edit field config's for every project that custom field is being used.

Anyway thanks Nic, I was just thinking what the script is doing can anyone understand it and let me know

0 votes

I know disabling HTML would show the script but that is the only way i found to create tickets from homepage

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events