Adding fields to an Issue type

Folks,

I have added a fiew issues in the Create tab, such as Test Case and Test Suite. Now I want to add "Test Type", such as 'Manual', 'Automation' etc. in those dialouge box . I've seen some Radio Buttons  avaiable next to 'Test Type' item for  selecting test type.

Does anyone know how to do that?

If so, plesase share.

THANKS.

2 answers

0 vote
Maarten Cautreels Community Champion Jun 30, 2017

Hi Hotovaga,

First of all you'll need to create a new Custom Field named Test Type. See Adding a custom field for more information. Make sure to pick the right type for the Custom Field. Select Radio Buttons.

You'll be asked to enter a name and all available items to select in the next screen.

If you want to make sure the field is only available for a certain issue type, you'll need to use a Field Configuration Scheme. How that works can be found on Associating field behavior with issue types.

Hope this helps and please don't hesitate if there are any more questions.

Best,

Maarten

Hi Maarten,

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

Following the link you provided, I did create the custom field. But once I click on 'create', I do not get an option to associte the field to the issue, in this case adding to issye type: Test Case.

Once I select issue type from the Create tab, I do get the standard JIRA dialougue box, same as other issue types, except, the newly created field 'Test Type' is not avaiavle, nor I have an option to configure fields as this configuration option is available in other issue types.

FYI, the newly created field is visible in the 'Issues' page.

Thanks again.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 21, 2018 in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

1,241 views 10 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you