404 Error when trying to export a backlog to Excel

Dmitry Geyzersky October 15, 2019

We are trying to export the backlog screen to Excel (left click + Export to Excel) and getting a 404 error:

export.png

Any ideas on how to make this function work?

Kind regards,

Dima

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

It turns out to be an open issue that will be "fixed" (or more precisely, removed) in the next release.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-14867

Thanks to all who tried to help!

Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2019

Thank you for the information - I was unaware of this bug.

0 votes
Alan Hau April 10, 2022

I also got that 404, you have to exit excel (I'm using mac) and then reopen and click the get jira data icon and reauthenticate.

Depends on your MSFT company security settings i suppose.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2019

Could one of your admins have set the export limit to 0?

I know I've done that before, to get people to come talk to me about exporting (too much)

I'm the admin and I have never set any limit.

0 votes
Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2019

Are you exporting a large number of issues ? There is a place where numbers can be increased for more issues to accomodate 

Absolutely not. It fails even with one issue.

Suggest an answer