It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

New Development - Enhancements

Hi there,

New to Jira but not New/Enhancement Development in Kanban system support.

Currently we are discussing efficiency in managing new dev efforts using Jira Project and Issues. We have one Project and place all issues in it. Some issues have a number of subtasks.

Enhancement efforts can range from a simple change to an existing form where 2 new data elements are needed. Or a completely new form with hundreds of elements, labels, database mods, and other components are required. All to a single existing server side IDE application.

Questions:

1. Should we add new/unique projects for each major 'new' dev effort and enter hundreds of 'issues' under it? Or continue to place all tasks, bugs, simple and complex changes in one single Project?

2. Should we be using Confluence for complex enhancements throughout the SDLC?

I'd like to use Kanban boards but with one single project - it is almost impossible to manage hundreds of tasks by type; bug, enhancement, operations, maintenance. Reports are not very helpful really since so many items are marked in progress. Some of these concerns have to do with 'housecleaning'. Editing and updating tickets to insure they are current and relevant.

Thoughts?

1 comment

I am not an expert - but I have a basic idea I'd say about some implementations ;

• New Dev Efforts can run under sprints, releases or components in one single project. Why not go for Scrum ?
  • Not quite sure about how you'd want to use Confluence .

Comment

Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

[New] Jenkins for Jira Software Cloud and a way to connect your hosted apps

Jenkins is the leading open-source automation server used by startups and enterprise teams to build, test and deploy code to production.   We are excited to announce an official integration betw...

1,233 views 1 16
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you