Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to add groups to Global Permissions using Jira Server Rest API

Hi,

I'm looking at jira server api documentation https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/REST/8.9.1/#api/2/permissionscheme-getPermissionScheme for a REST API to add a group to a  global permission but could not find any.

Can some one please suggest if you have any solution.

Thank you

1 comment

Hey @pavansaikuramsetti8 

Out of curiosity, what is the use case for needing to add groups to the Global Permissions using the Jira Rest API? 

Adding groups outside of the defaults to the Global Permissions is not typically recommended. Also, you need to be a jira administrator in order to modify the global permissions. 

See this article on Default Jira Global Permissions 

Thanks,
Brittany

Hi @Brittany Wispell ,

Thank you for your reply. I'm a jira admin, so we automate creating a jira project using REST APIs whenever we get a new project creation request. We are automating almost everything and if there are some REST APIs missing we are doing that with UI automation.

Things we are doing with UI Automation is adding new context to a custom fields and adding options to that new context as we don't have a REST API to add new context to a custom field in jira server, I think we have one for jira Cloud. Please let me know if we have it for server too.

Other thing is giving a bulk issue update global permission to project administrator group of that project. Which means we add this group to bulk issue update permission.
I'm looking for an api to add a group to this permission but could not find the right one.

Please suggest more steps for this work around.

Thank you

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

🍂📹 Apptoberfest demo contest roundup: vote for your favorite demos!

Hi Community! The submissions are in (and listed below) for the 🍻🍂Apptoberfest🍂🍻 Demo Competition and it’s time for you to place your votes for the best: Analytics & reporting app demo ...

101 views 2 11
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you