How can I restrict transition of a status to 'Release' to a specific user group only?

Kalpana Iyer August 6, 2018

I  need only specific users to be able to transition the status of a task from 'code review' to   'Release'. How can I do that? I saw the link below that talks about creating a specific user group and limiting them from making a workflow status change by editing the "properties"  in the workflow scheme for that particular status. However, this is not working for me.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-limit-editing-permission-to-certain-groups-for-a-particular-issue-status-802171723.html 

Hoping someone can help with the correct implementation design for this need. thanks

Kalpana

5 answers

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2018

Good luck, please ask more questions if you run into any problems.

0 votes
Kalpana Iyer August 9, 2018

Got it and I am the admin :)! 

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2018

This is basic workflow editing. Is it possible you should ask an administrator in your system instead?

Regardless, it is documented here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/advanced-workflow-configuration-776636620.html#Advancedworkflowconfiguration-conditionsConditions

0 votes
Kalpana Iyer August 7, 2018

I'm sorry, how do I do that?

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 6, 2018

Simply add a condition to the workflow transition.

Suggest an answer