Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

prevent Client comments on a closed issue state in workflow

Filip Filipov December 14, 2020

Hi, 

how can I disable Isssue comments in the Jira Cloud when the Issue is transitioned to closed state?

I tested https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/use-workflow-properties/ with jira.issue.editable = false and jira.permission.edit.group = jira-administrators but both without success. 

What am I missing? 

1 answer

1 vote
Paloma Fondon Araujo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2020

Hi @Filip Filipov 

To prevent comments from being made to the closed Issue, you must include the property

jira.permission.comment.user = denied

in the closed state, not in the transition to this state.

I hope it helps you

Filip Filipov December 14, 2020

Hi @Paloma Fondon Araujo 

thank you for the suggestion. I tried it but it doesn't work. I tried also = false, separate to = denied. 

With transition I meant - the issues is in Closed State now, sorry for the confusion. 

Mike Polselli December 15, 2020

I am also attempting to do this. I have edited the close state of the workflow and added these properties. Is this incorrect?

image.png

image.png

Edit - It helps if I publish the workflow draft after adding the property. The above configuration works using false, I am not sure if denied works.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events