Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating an approval button for my manager to approve certain types of request

Deleted user October 13, 2020

creating an approval button for my manager to approve certain types of request.  I tried to set one up and my manager got an alert, however, there is no button to approve.

The project is created by my manager.  I search around the options and cannot my the place to configure this.  Please help.

2 answers

0 votes
Deleted user October 14, 2020

Anyone help on this?

0 votes
Marco Brundel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2020

Hi @[deleted] ,

Is is possible to set up an approval stage for a request. Did you have a look at https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-desk-cloud/docs/set-up-an-approval-stage-for-a-request/ for more information?

Regards, Marco

Deleted user October 13, 2020

Thank you Marco for your help.  I have created an approval and added to workflow on the project my manager created.  I created a sample ticket and placed my manager as approvers, but he haven't received the E-Mail.  When I previously used the default field "Approvers" my manager was able to get the E-Mail.  Any idea if I missed something?

Marco Brundel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2020

Hi @[deleted] ,

Have you set the customer notification "Approval required"?

xxxxx.atlassian.net/jira/servicedesk/projects/KEY/settings/notifications/customer-notifications

greetings, Marco

Deleted user October 15, 2020

thanks again Marco.

This is what I want to know, there will be two different types of request tickets,  One will required approval while the others won't.  How can I set that?

Best Regards,

Kelvin

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events