Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are the value options within my custom field not populating when creating an automation?

Kaelen Wong November 4, 2020

I am trying to create an automation so that based on the Location (custom field) selected, the ticket will get routed to a specific user. However, when I am trying to add the locations, some of the location values are not showing up despite them being available on the custom field.

Ex. "US - Michigan" is a value that is available on the "Location" custom field but it is not showing up/I cannot select it when creating an automation. (US-Georgia is the last Value that is populating on the "Issue fields condition" section of this automation) Screenshots attached.

Screen Shot 2020-11-04 at 1.29.34 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-04 at 1.31.39 PM.png

2 answers

0 votes
Kaelen Wong November 5, 2020

Thank you Martin! I am also having an issue with another field. No options are populating at all even though there are existing values. Screenshots attached!Screen Shot 2020-11-05 at 10.07.19 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-05 at 10.07.32 AM.png

Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 5, 2020

Hi @Kaelen Wong yeah, this is weird. I just tried to put the same values as you to one custom field and used it in Automation successfully. Could you describe your automation? Is it created globally or in project (in what type of project)? Try to send some screenshots, it will be a good start :)

Kaelen Wong November 6, 2020

It is created in a project. The project is a Jira service desk project. I am trying to create an automation so that based on the request type, employment type (custom field), and location (custom field), it will get assigned to a specific person. I attached some additional screenshots here!:

Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 9.35.25 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-06 at 9.38.58 AM.png

Siree June 4, 2021

I have the same issue. Get "No options" on some of the labels I'm trying to call up.

Like Marcus Steen likes this
0 votes
Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2020

Hi @Kaelen Wong  welcome on community :). You just need to continue writing. Field only suggests you the results, it does not display all the options. So fill in "US - N" and you will get option for Nebraska

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events