Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show group in context field

Otto Kog August 21, 2020

We have an issue type that is shown in multiple groups but, when the customer sends a request, the group isn't in any of the fields.

Is there a way to show the issue group in the context fields of an issue or somewhere else in the issue view?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joshua Sneed Contegix
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2020

Hi Otto,

I don't believe that request groups are stored as a custom field. You will likely need to create a custom field, add it to the requests as a hidden field, and set it to default to the request group. This will allow you to capture that data and act on it without customer effort. Cheers!

Otto Kog August 21, 2020

Hi Joshua,

The issue with this is that, since the issue type is in several groups, if I set it to default to the request group, it's going to have the same value in every group.

This happens if I set it to a specific text. Is it possible to use a variable to get the group and set it to that value?

Joshua Sneed Contegix
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2020

Hi Otto,

This sound like a case where request re-use is complicating things. What is the purpose of showing request groups on the issue? Is there a problem with using more request types? Cheers!

Otto Kog August 27, 2020

It seems that was the case. We simplified the request by using a single request in a global group. 

Thanks for your help.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events