Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request form help and instructions formatting

David Loszewski May 11, 2020

Is there a way to format the "Request form help and instructions" field on a Request for in Jira Service Desk?  

They have the following for links but I would like to make the text in that field bold and red or some other color to make it visible. 

Links [link name|http://example.com]

Thanks

4 answers

1 accepted

14 votes
Answer accepted
David Loszewski May 20, 2020

Hello, I was able to resolve by using the following page: 
https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/WikiRendererHelpAction.jspa?section=texteffects

Paul A Wright November 29, 2022

Brilliant.  Just what I needed to help solve my issue.

Like Renu Joshi likes this
Rich Imbrogno April 24, 2023

Hi David. Agreed this link works great for certain formats. Are you able to insert a table? I'm trying to do this based on the formatting provided and it comes back to me exactly has how I scripted it. 

I want the end result to look like this:

Group NameWork CentreNWA Code
ICN-L3C31655BP<Add code>
ICN-L3/CP3C31655PM<Add code>
ICN-IPAMC31655BA <Add code>
3 votes
SS September 29, 2021

*You can make it bold by flanking the link with asterisks.*

lisa_jackson March 27, 2023

Thank you!

1 vote
Simon H
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2020

Updated response: As of January 2022 ProForma has been incorporated in JSM and is accessible via Project Settings > Forms. You can now add formatted instructions and links to the request form; however, you still can't add a link to the description of a field. 

Hi David, I haven’t seen a way to do this within JSD and I don’t have the exact solution in terms of formatting the field descriptions; however, we build ProForma to specifically help people build rich forms on the JSD Portal. You can build Confluence-like forms with links and help text through.  There is a Lite version, which allows you build three forms for free.

Hopefully it can help.

2E7EF260-FE2F-4499-BE0E-04A53C92D75F.jpeg

A.J. Apple May 31, 2022

Hi Simon - any chance we'll be able to allow users to enter formatted text into paragraph fields in forms for Jira Service Management?

Like # people like this
Simon H
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2022

@A.J. Apple we are scoping these requirements at the moment. No definite eta but we should start dev work on it in the next month or two. 

If you watch this issue you will get updates on progress https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-10702

Like A.J. Apple likes this
A.J. Apple June 1, 2022

Thanks @Simon Herd !

Laura Colon October 19, 2022

Hi @Simon H wondering if there is an update on this?  it would be great to be able to do bullets and other types of formatting.  Specially in templates like meeting minutes. 

Like Ada Kardos likes this
0 votes
David Loszewski May 13, 2020

bump 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events