cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding insight software usage monitoring

Kyro Slangen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 14, 2022

Hello,

I am looking into asset tracking tools for my internship.

one of the requirements is being able to see how much/ often a user uses a application/ software.

I have read up a bit and I see that the Jira insight agents can discover most other things we would like to see, except for this which I couldn't find.

It would be really great if this is possible as the company already makes use of the service desk from Jira, being able to link the assets to issues and users in Jira is something we would very much like.

So my question is:

Can Jira insight discover the software usage per user/ per asset?

Thx and kind regards,

Kyro

EDIT:

So I have read up on the discovery a bit more and I see it uses powershell to get some parts of it's data.

So my second question would be is it possible to let it collect data I want through a powershell execute.

In my case something like:

Get-ChildItem -Path ${env:ProgramFiles(x86)} -Filter "*.exe" -Recurse | Get-ItemProperty | select name,lastaccesstime | sort -Property lastaccesstime

Although there are some issues with this as it is such as being unable to see how long a piece of software is running, would still give me some valuable info on usage levels of software form users.

Thx again.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events