Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

People submitting requests when attachments haven't fully uploaded

Chris Tuckey November 2, 2020

Hi there,

I have an issue where we require certain attachments but it seems people are submitting the form before the attachments are fully uploaded.

They say that they did upload attachments but nothing comes through or a number of attachments are missing - the only way I can force this to happen is if I attach the files and then click submit before the upload is complete.

I would expect a prompt here that tells the user that uploads are not complete and tells them they must wait until they are complete before they submit it the form.

Or for the submit button to be greyed out until the upload(s) are complete.

Is this possible?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 3, 2020

Hello @Chris Tuckey

Thank you for reaching out.

Indeed, it's possible to create a ticket before an attachment is fully uploaded in the customer portal, causing the ticket to be created without the attachment. In fact, a message should be displayed that the file is still uploading, just like happens when using the internal UI:

Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 16.26.54.png

That being said, we reported this behavior as a bug so our development team can properly fix the lack:

At the customer portal, users are able to submit a request before the attachment upload has been concluded 

Feel free to vote and watch the bug to increase its priority and also receive notifications about its fix implementation.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events