Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to add a specific user as a customer

Jens Ilschner December 7, 2020

Getting an error when I try to add a new user as a customer. It works for other users and users with the same domain but I am getting an error. I search if there is already a user with the same email address but couldn't find any.

Screenshot_1.png

2 answers

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2020

@Jens Ilschner ,

Anything fancy going on with the email address?

Also, do you have any organisations configured? Could you double check that the user is not already added in an organisation? (sadly that means opening it and searching there)

0 votes
Prashant Sangappa Shivashimpi December 7, 2020

Hello Jens,

It may be an issue with user data exists already. Could you please check below:

* The new user has been added to active directory if you use external LDAP directories.

* Also, please check whether the user has already Atlassian account to check his access to this Cloud instance.

Additionally, you need to check the number of licenses remaining on the instance.

If above does not work, then try to invite this new user by using Invite Users option on User Management menu. Please let me know the result.

All the best.

BR,

Prashant.

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2020

Hey @Prashant Sangappa Shivashimpi ,

The number of licenses or Atlassian account shouldn't matter cause he is talking about customers

Inviting him as a user would cause a license cost which is not needed for a customer..

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events