Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSM Error: Export Error - Error during data export: Export failed (preperation)

Matt Green September 11, 2022

In a brand instance of Jira Service Management, I want to import a jira-export.zip file through Jira Import Cloud but first need to make a backup.

As soon as I initiate the "Create backup for cloud" I get the error message "Error during data export: Export failed (preparation)". I have tried several times over a few days I continually get this error message.

2 answers

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 13, 2022

Hi Matt,

I created a support case on your behalf over in https://getsupport.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/23/JST-800727

Please review that case and grant our support team data access so that they can investigate this further.

Thanks.

Andy

0 votes
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2022

Hi @Matt Green ,

welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I would recommend you to contact directly the Atlassian support - create an issue for them to investigate this. Or are you on a free plan, which means you can’t do it?

Matt Green September 11, 2022

Thanks for responding Hana,

I am actually a teacher at a tertiary institution and yes I am using a free plan.

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2022

Thank you. I’ve marked this question for Atlassian team to review it. 

Like Matt Green likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events