• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Issues automatically getting unnassinged when resolving tickets

whenever someone resolved a ticket for whatever reason the ticket then gets unassigned i tried to add a post function to the resolved status to auto-assign but it doesn't appear to be working 

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Community Leader Jul 29, 2020

Are you saying you want to set to unassigned or you are trying to stop this from happening? Either way hopefully the following helps...

Two possibilities for the cause:

• there is a post function on the resolution transition(s) that is clearing the Assignee. I have seen people do this because they feel that no one should be assigned a closed issue. Not a fan but I get it.
  • automation - someone has set up an automation to clear the assignee. again for the same reason.

i have added post functions to auto assign to the current user and also created automation rules to assign to user who triggered transition into resolved status.

neither is working

Jack Community Leader Jul 30, 2020

so something clearly is clearing the Assignee field after the fact. If you have a post function to set the Assignee on the transition you are in fact using then the clearing is happening after your PF executes overriding your action.

would you mind sharing the post function view for any transition into Done (or whatever status we are talking about here).

even tried this jira2.PNG

Jack Community Leader Jul 31, 2020

So why different statuses here - completed and resolved?

resolved was doing the same thing, so i tried to simplify it. 

and i had it silently transition to resolved for reporting side of it but it still just kept unassigning it. But i do notice it will unassign it when it moves to resolve. 

Did it when they would resolve tickets and once the ticket silently post transitions.

Any ideas?  

i would think it should also work currently for what ive done. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Why upgrade to Jira Service Management Premium?

We often have questions from folks using Jira Service Management about the benefits to using Premium. Check out this video to learn how you can unlock even more value in our Premium plan.  &nb...

209 views 1 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you