Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Insight External Import : Using forge, connect or maybe script-runner

Hi All, 

I am trying to import cmdb data into Insight (cloud) using there external import REST API. 
I was wondering if this can be done on Jira cloud platform using Forge or Connect or any script runner.

The workflow would involve:
Getting data from external service and sending that to Insight REST API for external import on schedule basis.

Also There are similar application by Atlassian ( Insight AWS Integration ), but it not for Insight cloud.

Any suggestion will be really helpful, Thank you.

2 answers

Hi @Gunjan Kumar , I can confirm that I have used that external import API frist from the command line in bash with curl later in node.js and finally within a Forge app.

@Daniel Lau I am very interested how is the best way to use rest calls from Automation in regards to using credentials. For example, if someone wants to call the Atlassian Access Rest API from Automation. Thank you very much!

0 votes
Daniel Lau Atlassian Team Apr 18, 2022

Hey Gunjan,

We made External Imports to be flexible to be run on as many platforms as possible. I wouldn't see any problems being done on Forge/Connect or any script runner. We even made it possible on Automation.

So yes, I believe it should work fine.

Cheers

Daniel

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events