Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insight: Copy the value of attribute from a chosen ObjectType to a attribute of another Object

Marco Brundel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2022

Hi,

I have an ObjectType "ICT" with the attribute "Location" of type Object. This attribute is associated with ObjectType “Location”.

In ObjectType “Location” I have attribute “Lcode”.

I now want to transfer the value of attribute "Lcode" from the chosen ObjectType "Location" via an insight automation into an attribute in ObjectType "ICT".

Is this possible? And how do I do this?

I myself have tried via “attribute value” with ${Location.Lcode} that didn't work.

Is there another smartvalue?

Regards, Marco

Screenshot 2022-01-13 at 11.02.17.png

2 answers

0 votes
Björn Gullander
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2022

Unfortunately it is not possible to traverse into referenced object attributes in DC Insight automation. So ${Location.Lcode} does not work as Location is an object attribute. 

So I can give you no good advice here. However I am a bit concerned about the use case - why do you want to copy the value from Location object type to the ICT objects? You will end up with storing the same data in multiple places which is not a good idea.

Is there maybe another problem you are trying to solve with this? I just guess that you need the attribute in the ICT object type to avoid a difficult IQL query somewhere using inboundReferences?

Björn 

0 votes
Charlie Gavey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 16, 2022

Hi Marco,

Are you able to share what you're seeing in the Audit Log when the rule is running?

You can read more about using the Audit Log to troubleshoot here: 
https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/what-is-the-automation-audit-log/

Cheers,

Charlie

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events