Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restrict issue type change in jira after issue is created

Rasajna Meka November 27, 2022

How to restrict issue type change to certain group  in jira after issue is created

I created a task and I want to convert this to Story , this should be possible to me and another user . How to achieve this

1 answer

0 votes
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 27, 2022

Hi @Rasajna Meka ,

Go to your project settings --> Permission. Add the required users to "Move Issues" permission

Please note:

1. If the permission scheme is shared with other projects, changes in your project will be applied to shared projects. In that case, better you create a copy of existing permission, map it to your project and then make changes
  2. You should be jira admin to make these changes. 
Rasajna Meka November 27, 2022

Hi Rilwan ,

will this permission has restriction on changing issue type 

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 27, 2022

@Rasajna Meka  Yes.

Move issue permission allows people to move an issue to another project or service project on your Jira site, or to change the issue to a different issue type (making the issue follow a different workflow).

This permission requires the Create issues permission in the target project or service desk to be useful.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events