Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reset issue counter in JSM cloud?

Henk Smets January 21, 2021

I assume it is not possible to start from issue-1 when you're project is ready for production?

2 answers

1 vote
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2021

Hi @Henk Smets , 

it is possible to reset the issue count !

First, delete all issues in the project.

Then what you would need to do is a CSV import, where you would have a column "issue key" and give it a value like "issue-1" (you also need to have a Summary in order to create the issue).

After the ticket is imported as "issue-1", the next created issue will be issue-2.

EDITED : actually the next created issue will pick up the old numbering, so this won't help :(

Let me know if this helps,

--Alexis

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2021

Interesting. I have never heard of this working previously. Will have to give it a test albeit in a test instance. 😉

Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 21, 2021

What you could do instead : Create a new project and select to use a shared configuration with the initial project. This would not copy boards etc, but it gives you the same basic configuration : issue types, workflows, etc

Henk Smets February 5, 2021

Thank you for your replies. I've challenged this requirement and our business can live with it now.

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 21, 2021

Correct you cannot reset. Only start a new project. You could delete all old issues but you still pickup where you left off. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events