How to create a set of Organizations in multiple JSM Projects

Bernd Anderer March 31, 2023

Let's say I have 10 different organizations which I want to add to 10 different JSM projects. Is there a better way, than to add them manually to each of the 10 projects?

Thanks in advance,

Bernd

3 answers

0 votes
Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2023

You can use the API to create organizations. Once you do, you could add that organization to any project or add the customer to the organization using the API options on the link above or you could use a free app from Marketplace to do this.

0 votes
Abraham - New Verve Consulting April 1, 2023

Hi @Bernd Anderer

If you're not familiar with the service desk API and looking for a tool that supports you in managing organizations, I can recommend our app. This is free for up to 10 users. With Crumbs, you can extend Jira native organizations by creating fields to collect attributes about these organizations. It's also possible to import multiple organizations and their details from a CSV file. This will solve your issue as Organizations imported into Crumbs will be available to all projects (including Software projects and not only Service Management ones).

I hope that it helps you and your team.

Cheers,

Abraham

0 votes
Michał Tołczyżewski March 31, 2023

Hi @Bernd Anderer 

Unfortunately, there is no easy way to add multiple organizations to multiple projects.

However, maybe using the API will help in your case. https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/service-desk/rest/api-group-organization/#api-rest-servicedeskapi-organization-get

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events