Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to change issue type name

hi,

does anyone can guide me how to change the issue type name once it is created?

issue type.png

i have tried to look at the project setting and issue type, but found nothing to change the name of it.

2 answers

Hi @Zulfikar I Ramadhan ,

Welcome to Community!

Please refer below document on how to edit the issue type.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/add-edit-and-delete-an-issue-type/

Please note that you must be a Jira administrator with the Administer Jira permissions to add, edit, or delete issue types in company-managed projects.

Screenshot 2021-11-01 at 11.24.12 AM.png

Thanks,

Avinash

Hi @Avinash Bhagawati _Appfire_

Thanks for your feedback, actually I do have the role of administrator.

When I take a look at the Issue Type it is named as "Task", but when trying to create ticket it is showing another name "Multiple Assignment" instead of "Task".

So how can I change from "Multiple Assignment" to "Task" ?

issue type.pngcreate ticket.png

Regards,

Zulfikar

Hi @Zulfikar I Ramadhan ,

You would like to add issue type Task to your project or you would like rename the "Multiple Assignee" issue type t Task?

If you would like to add then

• Navigate to project settings > Issue types
  • Click on Edit Issue types
    Screenshot 2021-11-01 at 1.08.56 PM.pngScreenshot 2021-11-01 at 1.13.11 PM.png
  • Move the required issue type from Right to Left for the current issue type scheme.
  • Save the Configuration and make sure to check the issue type scheme is shared with what and all projects.

Thanks,
Avinash

Like Zulfikar I Ramadhan likes this

Hi @Avinash Bhagawati _Appfire_

I dont want to add new issue type, but I would like to rename the "Multiple Assignee" issue type to "Task"

Regards,

Zulfikar

Go to Admin -> Issues -> Issue types, find the "multiple assignees" type and click edit - you'll be able to give it a new name.

Check with any other projects that might be using it first though, it's a shared configuration and you need to consider everyone.

Like # people like this

Thanks all for your helpful advice

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

JSM Jira Automation: How to Send SLA Breached Notifications

Hi Everyone, In   this tutorial,  we will show you how you can monitor an SLA, and send notifications before or after the SLA has been breached.   SLA Threshold Trigger The SLA t...

635 views 5 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you