Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change issue type name

Zulfikar I Ramadhan October 31, 2021

hi,

does anyone can guide me how to change the issue type name once it is created?

issue type.png

i have tried to look at the project setting and issue type, but found nothing to change the name of it.

2 answers

2 votes
Avinash Bhagawati _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 31, 2021

Hi @Zulfikar I Ramadhan ,

Welcome to Community!

Please refer below document on how to edit the issue type.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/add-edit-and-delete-an-issue-type/

Please note that you must be a Jira administrator with the Administer Jira permissions to add, edit, or delete issue types in company-managed projects.

Screenshot 2021-11-01 at 11.24.12 AM.png

Thanks,

Avinash

Zulfikar I Ramadhan November 1, 2021

Hi @Avinash Bhagawati _Appfire_

Thanks for your feedback, actually I do have the role of administrator.

When I take a look at the Issue Type it is named as "Task", but when trying to create ticket it is showing another name "Multiple Assignment" instead of "Task".

So how can I change from "Multiple Assignment" to "Task" ?

issue type.pngcreate ticket.png

Regards,

Zulfikar

Avinash Bhagawati _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 1, 2021

Hi @Zulfikar I Ramadhan ,

You would like to add issue type Task to your project or you would like rename the "Multiple Assignee" issue type t Task?

If you would like to add then

• Navigate to project settings > Issue types
  • Click on Edit Issue types
    Screenshot 2021-11-01 at 1.08.56 PM.pngScreenshot 2021-11-01 at 1.13.11 PM.png
  • Move the required issue type from Right to Left for the current issue type scheme.
  • Save the Configuration and make sure to check the issue type scheme is shared with what and all projects.

Thanks,
Avinash

Like Zulfikar I Ramadhan likes this
Zulfikar I Ramadhan November 1, 2021

Hi @Avinash Bhagawati _Appfire_

I dont want to add new issue type, but I would like to rename the "Multiple Assignee" issue type to "Task"

Regards,

Zulfikar

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 1, 2021

Go to Admin -> Issues -> Issue types, find the "multiple assignees" type and click edit - you'll be able to give it a new name.

Check with any other projects that might be using it first though, it's a shared configuration and you need to consider everyone.

Like # people like this
1 vote
Zulfikar I Ramadhan November 2, 2021

Thanks all for your helpful advice

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events