Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you get to/enable Developer Mode?

Travis Jowell January 19, 2021

We are trying to start developing internal Apps. I have created a personal Jira page outside of my organization to start doing some testing. Following this URL though, it does not make any sense nor does it have the same options to choose from.

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/getting-started-with-connect/#build-a-basic-app 

I have gone through my Admin page, my Service Desk page, Overview tab, etc and nothing matches what is shown in this guide that was purportedly updated December 2020. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2021

@Travis Jowell, which step are you getting stuck on? Are you looking to turn on development mode on your instance? 

Yes. I don't see any of this: dev.PNG

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2021

You don't see any of this under the Manage apps section?

Screen Shot 2021-01-19 at 3.36.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-19 at 3.36.56 PM.png

I have Jira Toolkit plugin.

If I click the Apps header at the top, no matter what page I am on, I see dropdowns for Gitlab, Github, Slack. Does this mean developer mode is enabled? 

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 19, 2021

I meant that you don't see the settings button there? Or the ability to turn on development mode?

Thanks,

Kian

Found it. Thanks. The guide in the URL has no similarity to what the actual Apps page looks like, and that is where I was thrown off. Whatever version it was created with, it needs to be updated. jira2.PNGjirad.png

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 19, 2021

Yes, this appears to be an older version of the UI, but I'm glad you were able to find what you were looking for!

Thanks,

Kian

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events