Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I require a customer to attach a file during a transition?

Kalin U
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2022

Hello, everyone. I need a bit of help after trying several options myself.

My use case

• a customer sees a couple of transitions (e.g. Approve, Disapprove)
  • when she selects one of the transitions (e.g. Approve), a popup should ask her to attach a file
  • if she doesn't attach a file, the transition must not execute

What I've done

I exposed several transitions to the customer portal, added a validator for the Attachment field not to be empty. I also added an associated transition screen with 2 fields: Attachment, Comment.

The problem is that the Attachment field does not show up in the popup to the customer in the portal, only the Comment. The validator does not execute and does not show the custom error message, that is the transition is successful and the ticket transitions to the next workflow status. This is JSM Cloud.

Ideally, Jira should also validate the file extension (e.g. not allowing any file, but PDF/docx only).

Looking forward to your suggestions :)

1 answer

1 accepted

7 votes
Answer accepted
Roberto Miasack
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2022

Hi,

Sorry to say that it is not possible to add other transition fields for the client. To proceed with your configuration you would have to add it to Jira and perform a series of access and process configurations. The comment field appears in the pop up as it is the only field that the customer can use on the portal.

I advise you to remove your doubt more assertively with Atlassian: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events