Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I create a Problem ticket with Corrective Task in OpsGenie or JSM?

Todd McNerney August 2, 2022

I have always used the Service Now model of Incident and Problem ticket. How do we do the Problem Piece in JSM/ OpsGenie?

1 answer

0 votes
Eugenio Onofre
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 4, 2022

Hello @Todd McNerney
Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

If I understood your scenario correctly, you would like to map Problems using Jira Service Management and Opsgenie.

In order to do so, you would need to have an ITSM project created into JSM and, once the project is created, you will have Incident and Problem issue types.

In order to establish the relationship between them, you would need to use the "Link" functionality, which gives you the ability to establish the correlation between incidents and problems.

The documentation below shows you how to link tickets in Jira:
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/link-an-issue/

Regards,
Eugenio

Eugenio Onofre
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 30, 2024

Hi @Todd McNerney

Please remember to accept this answer in case it helps you resolve your question as it may also help other community members in the future.

Regards,
Eugenio

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events