Help importing Service Desk projects via JSON

Stephen Ulm November 17, 2020

I am trying to run a test import into my Jira Service Desk (Cloud) via JSON.  I get an error on invalid Project Type.   I can Manually create a Service project, but I need to migrate from a different product (Gemini) into Jira, and there are way too many to do manually.

I can import "software" or "business" projects, but it seems to not like the "service desk" type.  What is the correct type to use here?

Here is the error I am getting:

2020-11-17 13:53:03,998 ERROR - Unexpected failure occurred. Importer will stop immediately. Data may be in an unstable state: Unable to create project: ExternalProject{id='null', key='TP1', externalName='null', name='Test Project 1', type='service desk', template='null'}: An invalid project type was specified. Make sure the project type is available in your Jira instance. Please talk to your Jira administrator if you need more help.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2020

Hello @Stephen Ulm

welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Please, try to use: service_desk

Stephen Ulm November 18, 2020

It worked!!!  I so appreciate the assistance!

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 18, 2020

I'm happy to help :-). Have a nice day!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events