Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't require email for creating an issue

Daniel Bachmann October 27, 2020

I have configured the service desk project to allow users to create issues without an account.

Now I would also like to allow for request (ideally support center and widget) to be send without providing an email.

Like: I found a bug, but am not interested in any feedback.

Is this possible?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2020

Hi @Daniel Bachmann 

I don't think you can remove or change the field "Your contact email" on widgets, also from the support portal, Jira Service desk needs to identify the user who initiates the request, so that's not feasible.

Daniel Bachmann October 27, 2020

Yes, it seems that it is not possible to achieve what I (we) wanted with the existing forms inside Jira Service Desk.

I will now use a custom tailored form on our website which just sends a report to the email channel.

Clients can provide an email, without it one of our addresses will be used as sender.

0 votes
Flavien Gache
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 27, 2020

You can try to disable all the customer notifications in the settings of your project. I am not sure but it might be a solution to your problem.

Screenshot 2020-10-27 at 11.52.56.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events