Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create automation e-mail with portal url, rather than jira.

Trevor Stuart February 25, 2019

Is it possible to setup an automated e-mail with a smart value for the customer portal URL to the issue?

I've used {{issue.toUrl}} and this will take them to the issue, but it's using the interface of that the agents see. 

Since this e-mail uses smart values is there a smart value for portal URL's? 

Even better is there a smart value to generate a URL that if it's clicked on auto-magically adds you(as the clicker) as a requested participant? This is the actual end goal, as it's a distribution list getting the notification, but I want the individuals to be able to then "subscribe" to the issue. 

2 answers

2 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
bmohammadi June 30, 2020

The smart value {{request.url}} no longer works. You should use {{issue.url.customer}} instead.

Martin Boehme
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2020

Works in Jira SM Cloud :) Thanks!

Like # people like this
Daniel Vest February 3, 2023

@bmohammadi thank you! Just found your answer today and it was a big help!
Daniel

Guy Cardwell September 12, 2023

This does not seem to work on team managed service projects.    Can anybody confirm?

Ben Gallant November 13, 2023

@bmohammadi 

Can you confirm that {{issue.url.customer}} works for Team Managed projects too? 

Thanks!

2 votes
Answer accepted
Marty
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 26, 2019

Hi Trevor,

I am not on the Jira Service Desk Team, but I will try to help.

I think you can use {{request.url}} to navigate to the request.

In terms of the link to directly become a request participant, I don't think one exists. 

I hope that helps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events