Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a conditional Jira Automation from one custom field to populate another custom field

Nicole_Selph May 20, 2024

I have been searching the community but haven't found exactly what I am looking for, so hopefully I can get a bite reaching out through here.

Currently, our team uses "t-shirt" sizing to equate to a level of effort. In the past this has been fine. Now, I am trying to create an automation that will help our team equate the t-shirt sizing to actual level of effort.

What I am wanting to accomplish and clearly failing at is this:

If custom field "T-shirt size" equals to "small", then set numerical custom field "Level of Effort" to "5"

Is this something that is possible to do in Automation? I am VERY new to Jira, but would love to make this work if possible.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2024

Hi @Nicole_Selph,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Yes, this is something that can be done via automation and it should be fairly straightforward to do. I would trigger on field changed on the t-shirt field and then use the IF/Else condition to change the other field corresponding to the size picked. Your automation would look something like this:

Screenshot 2024-05-20 at 1.26.31 PM.png 

Nicole_Selph May 21, 2024

@Mikael Sandberg 

Thank you so much, this worked like a charm!

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events