Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Custom Field from parent to sub tasks

Neetu Verma October 16, 2019

Hi,

I have tried so many ways to get this to work, before I was using JIRA Automation Post function worked fine and copied value from Parent to sub task. But now it is totally not working.

I have automation rule to create sub task and copy some custom field values from Parent to Sub task- This works like magic, and thank you for creating this automation.

But when I create task manually, these fields dont get copied. I have tried multiple automation workflow, but either I am not configuring it right or something just doesnt work. 

I have custom field, like client Name, Project Bucket, Developer and I need my sub task to copy them from parent.

2 answers

0 votes
Kelley Mills May 13, 2021

Neetu, this is two years late, and I am having the same problem. Did you figure it out? I've tried several things. The problem I see is that the Then: Edit issue fields action is telling Jira to copy the information from the current issue, which is the newly created subtask...

When: Issue created

If: Issue Type equals Subtask

And: Parent matches JQL

Then: Edit issue fields

UGH. Jira is so finicky!

Neetu Verma May 14, 2021

HI ,

I have started using JIRA automation rather than the POST function. It is much more user-friendly and gets awesome results. 

Let me know if you need any help with that. 

Thanks

Neetu

Kelley Mills June 14, 2021

What I need help with is pulling out Time in Status info... UGH

0 votes
Deleted user October 17, 2019

Hi @Neetu Verma ,

You can try using a Create on Transition app, which is user-friendly. This app will help you with copying the custom fields values from parent to child issues and also available with many customizations.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/697735/create-on-transition-for-jira

Thanks,
Sravya 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events