Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the from email address to the Service Desk custom address?

Shane Hadden January 23, 2020

I've added a custom email address to the service desk. Issues are being created by emails to that address, but I can't seem to find a way to use this account for replies too. I would like customers to get emails from support@mycompany.com not from jira@mycompany.atlassian.net. Does anyone know where the setting would be?

Edit: so the setting is under the Project Settings page. But when I set it to the email that is already used for incoming, I get "DKIM validation failed for this domain." And the documents about how to fix that don't seem to exist anymore. 

Further edit: Looks like the bottom of this article has the information I needed: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/configuring-jira-cloud-to-send-emails-on-behalf-of-your-domain-979428371.html

Final edit: Even after DNS and DKIM validation, I still got an error about domain verification failing. Turns out it was this bug: JRACLOUD-73723 - Misleading error message while configuring a project's sender email address 

After getting someone with more rights than I had to make the change to the notifications email address on the Project Settings>>Summary page, everything finally worked.

1 answer

0 votes
Dan January 23, 2020

Do you control your exchange server?

Shane Hadden January 23, 2020

We have a cloud hosted email system, but we own the domain and control the DNS. Looks like the bottom of this article has the information I needed: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/configuring-jira-cloud-to-send-emails-on-behalf-of-your-domain-979428371.html

Booked time with the DNS admin for tomorrow. 

Like Dan likes this
Dan January 23, 2020

Cool! Glad you found something!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events