Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot make custom field required

Terry Zhang April 9, 2021

I created two custom fields and want to make them required in the form. But it's not doing anything after I click update. The fields don't have the * to indicate they are required in the portal. And refresh the setting page shows the fields still have Required as No. Did I miss anything? Thanks.

Screen Shot 2021-04-09 at 11.41.10 AM.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 12, 2021

Hello @Terry Zhang,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

Testing on my local site, I wasn’t able to replicate the issue. All fields marked as required show the red * in the portal.

Can you please let us know if this request type is also used for email requests?

If that’s the case, it’s expected that you can’t add other fields as required, because for email requests only summary and description can be required. With this said, even if you select required as “Yes” it will be reverted to “No”, otherwise tickets via email won’t be created.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Terry Zhang April 12, 2021

Yes, that's exactly it, it's used for email, I created another request type for email and now I can set the fields as required. Thanks.

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events