Cannot add Organisations to my Create Issue screen

Robert Edyvean October 30, 2020

I have successfully added other custom and non-custom fields to my Create Issue screeen. When I do the "Where is my field" for Organisations it reports "The 'Organizations' field should be present on the form you are viewing" - but it's not, and it doesn't show up in the checkboxes to add or delete it

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tessa Tuteleers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2020

Hi @Robert Edyvean , 

it is correct that you cannot add it to the create screen in the backend of Jira Service Desk (for now). 

However, if you have organisations configured, and your user is a member of an organisation, the organisations field will appear on the request in the customer portal. 

Since you probably have put a lot of love and care into easily creating properly filled in requests in the portal, I would advice even your agent users to create Service desk requests through the portal, and not the "Create issue" from the backend. 

The can easily click the "Raise a request" button in the Jira Service Desk project and get a popup to create via the portal view. 

Hope this helps! 

- Tessa

Thanks @Tessa Tuteleers - At the moment I'm only configuring the "Create Issue" screen as for now I'm the only agent - and I doubt we would ever have our "users" entering issues via the portal, but you never know!

0 votes
Answer accepted
all.sadmin October 30, 2020

Hi @Robert Edyvean

This is currently not possible to add the Organizations field to the create screen, there is a feature request ticket for it - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-4723

Fortunately, it has been transitioned to In Progress recently.

Many thanks @all.sadmin - that seems bizarre to say the least :-) Let's hope the "feature" is added soon!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events