Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto reports sending to email

Tomasz Bondaruk July 24, 2020

Hello,

I am trying to set up automatically PDF reports on email sending, but i can't because application automation doesn't show that option in "action" windows. After installation I have re-indexed system.

Installed plugins:
-Better PDF Exporter for Jira 9.0.0
-JSU Automation Suite for Jira Workflows 2.23.2
-Automation for Jira 7.1.16

For any help I will be thankful.Screenshot_1.png

1 answer

1 vote
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 31, 2020

Hi Tomasz,

If I understand correctly, you are using Jira Server, along with Automation for Jira, and want to be able to automatically send PDFs as an automation action.

This action is actually something provided by a 3rd party add-on, but I see some confusion over exactly which add-on does that.  Our own documentation for automation shows that even in the Lite version, which 3rd party plugins work with Automation for Jira.  Please see https://confluence.atlassian.com/automation/actions-993924834.html#Actions-thirdpartyactions

Available in Lite

These third party apps have been whitelisted in Lite. For the remaining apps, you'll need to the Pro version of Automation for Jira.

However the confusion here appears to be that Midori has two different PDF plugins for Jira Server that have very similar names. 

Better PDF Automation for Jira

and

Better PDF Exporter for Jira

In this case, you actually need to use the first one, not the second one.  Once I had that installed, I found that automation then provides a send PDF as an available action here:

Screen Shot 2020-07-31 at 12.13.24 PM.png

I hope that helps.

Andy

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events