Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how delete multiple customers in jira service desk (with a bulk for example)

Anne Bihouee December 30, 2019

Dear all

I created a Jira Service Desk for 2 organisations : 1 with 16000 users and 1 with 300 users.

the big one don't use my services any more. I would like to delete accounts.

I thought to change issue's reporters to anonymous with a bulk operation. But I can't find a bulk system to delete all the accounts in one time.

thanks for your help

Abbe

4 answers

0 votes
Raphael Lopes April 4, 2024
0 votes
Stephan Hannach October 20, 2023

You find a documentation for an automation rule in Jira Cloud here: 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/automation-bulk-delete-portal-customers-1129690625.html

0 votes
Anne Bihouee January 3, 2020

Hi @Kian Stack Mumo Systems ,

Following documentation, we did the script. The response is 400 and error message :

(httpCode=400){"errorMessage":"Customers cannot be removed from this service desk because it has open access enabled","i18nErrorMessage":{"i18nKey":"sd.error.servicedesk.customer.remove.servicedesk.open.access","parameters":[]}}

we don't understand it. Could you help us ?

thanks a lot, Anne

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 28, 2020

Hey Anne,

I am sorry for not responding earlier. It's been a crazy couple of weeks for me!

This means that your service desk is open to the whole world! Anyone can sign up to raise requests in your service desk. For this reason, you are unable to remove the users. You first need to update your Service Desk permissions so that only the people explicitly added to the service desk have permissions to view it. Does that make sense?

Thanks,

Kian

Anne Bihouee March 2, 2020

Hi @Kian Stack Mumo Systems 

Thanks a lot for your answer.

Yes that make sense. But I don't know all the users that will need our services :(

Best, Anne

0 votes
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 30, 2019

Anne,

Can you search all of these users in some way?  If you can match these users based on something like domain name, you could write a rest API script to delete users.

Check out the rest API here. https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/#api-rest-api-3-user-delete.

On the other hand, depending on the way your Service Desk is set up, you may not need to remove the users, you might just be able to remove them from the service desk itself. Are your permissions set up so they have to be added to the service desk to access it? Are they all a part of a group, or are they added individually? If the permissions are set up so they need to be added to the desk AND they are all a part of a group, you could just remove the group from the desk.

Thanks,

Kian

Anne Bihouee December 31, 2019

Hi Kian,

thanks for your answer.

I have all permissions to delete users from service desk but to respect GDPR law I have to delete Alassian users accounts.

Yes I can match these users with the domain name. I read the link you sent. I understand that the solution is to write this rest API script.

I will try

thanks a lot

Happy new year !

Anne

Anne Bihouee February 19, 2020

Hi Kian,

Following documentation, we did the script. The response is 400 and error message :

(httpCode=400){"errorMessage":"Customers cannot be removed from this service desk because it has open access enabled","i18nErrorMessage":{"i18nKey":"sd.error.servicedesk.customer.remove.servicedesk.open.access","parameters":[]}}

we don't understand it. Could you help us ?

thanks a lot, Anne

Like Mariano likes this
Mariano October 27, 2021

@Anne Bihouee , did you ever figure out how to bulk remove customers? I'm in need for the same, and getting the same errors.

Did you check on the customer permissions that customers actually don't get open access to the SD?

Regards,

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events