Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues adding new users to JSD project

John G January 13, 2020

Hi

I have added a few 'people' to my service desk project. They have been assigned the 'service desk team' role.

When I check permissions, service desk team is listed beside assignable user, assign issues, create issues, delete etc.

I assume any user with the service desk team role can perform these actions, but they cannot.  These users can't change the job status, reassign it or even close it. When trying to change the status they get the error 'you dont have permission to transition this issue'.

Some other users were added weeks ago, and they have full permission to perform these actions. I never adjusted their permissions, they were simply added to the people screen like I am currently trying to do. But that is not working now.

Am I missing something here? Or does it take a few hours for these permissions to actually apply to users?

Thanks for your help!

1 answer

1 vote
Veera
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2020

@John G

'Transition Issue' is one of the Jira Project Permissions which is required if the user wants to change the status of the ticket.

Make sure service desk team is granted 'Transition Issue' permission at the project level.

Audit logs (in Jira general settings) may give you some info if the permission scheme was changed recently which might be causing the issue.

John G January 14, 2020

Hi Thanks for the response,

I have found the permission scheme for my service desk project, and I can see 'Project Role (Service Desk Team)' is already next to Transition Issues. I tried removing it and adding again but still the same issue remains. Service Desk Team shows under every 'issue permissions' type. Could another permission be causing this?

I also checked and no other permission schemes are being applied to this project, and I could not see anything in the global permissions that would be causing this.

Like Veera likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events