It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to add custom field to "Issue Summary" ?

Hi Atlassian community !

I am using "custom fields" in "Project Automation" to dynamically add information to email sent through Service Desk Project. (e.g. {{issue.Name}} {{issue.Surname}} which then appears like "Mario Lemieux" in the email sent to customer)

It works fine and i am trying to get the same result in the "Issue Summary" (Request title) when a ticket is placed from our portal.

Unfortunately, the custom fields is not "dynamic" in the "Issue Summary". Instead of having the name (e.g. Mario Lemieux), i see the custom field formula ( {{issue.Name}} {{issue.Surname}}).

Is there an easy way to have the dynamic information of the custom field in the "Issue Summary" in Jira Service Desk Cloud ? Ideally without much scripting or 3rd party tools)

Thanks for your help and have a good day !

1 answer

Hi @Thomas Lalonde 

Do you want the cf value in  email that your receive from JIRA ?

HAsna

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Desk

[New Resource] The Complete Guide to Atlassian for ITSM

Hi Atlassian Community! This is Teresa from the Atlassian team. My colleague Paul Buffington @Buff and I are excited to share a brand new ITSM resource we’ve created – "The Complete Guide to A...

348 views 4 8
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you