Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Readable Data to CSV

William Porcelli May 15, 2018

When we download a CSV of issues, the columns export as what seems to be key Data, this is evident in the Organizations field (which is also denoted as Custom) it displays a Number as opposed to the Customer's name which is displayed in the search prior to the download, This is also the case in many other fields. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2018

There are 3rd party custom field types (an in this sense Organization is a 3rd party custom field type, as it is offered by Jira Service Desk, not by Jira Core) that are not exported correctly. What you see in this case is the ID of the organization, not its name.

For Jira Server and Data Center, the Better Excel Plugin solves this (samples), but I am not aware of any solution for Jira Cloud.

William Porcelli May 17, 2018

Hi Aron, thanks for this answer. Without us being able to use this in the cloud, would you know where we could extract a field mapping in cloud JSD?

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2018

I'd check if the Jira Cloud REST API (especially the end-points offered by Service Desk) can return the organizations. I'd expect this is supported.

Then you could look up the organization names by knowing their IDs at the cost of some extra programming.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events