Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Dynamically display different fields based on selected values

Hello,

This is not likely an existing feature, but i wonder if anyone thought of a workaround.

I would like to set up my JSD request types so that the collection of fields displayed within one type changes based on selections made in (custom) dropdown fields. For example, if I select Component1 fields A, B and C are displayed, but if I select Component2 fields D, E and F are displayed. I will be fine with a solution where a field value drives requirements for other fields.

I realize that I can create multiple request types with different field configuration, but I aim to minimize the number of request types displayed in the portal.

Thanks,
BM

2 answers

1 accepted

You might want to check the following app, it should help you achieve what you want

Https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1212161/extension-for-jira-service-desk

Thanks for the suggestion Hernan. I am not sure if this is what I need. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like the plugin just allows for nested dropdown menues, but I actually need the collection of subsequent input fields (text, or dropdown, radio buttons, etc.) to change based on the previous fields' selection.

Thanks!

@Boris Maksimov I am quite certain that it doesn't only apply for drop-down menu only. Install a trial and give it shot

Thanks again @Hernan Halabi _Elite IT Consulting Group_  I'll accept this answer, though I haven't really tested the app at this point.

Hi @Boris Maksimov 

You see a demonstration of our Elements Connect app for Cloud in the beta version in this blog article:

https://blog.valiantys.com/en/apps/connect-for-jira-cloud-sql/

If you'd like to sign up to try be part of the beta, you can do that here.

Hi @Laura Campbell _Elements_ Please see my response to Hernan above. I believe the Elements app also allows just for the nested dropdown menus. If that's not so, please let me know

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Desk

The Complete Guide to Atlassian for ITSM

Hi Atlassian Community! This is Teresa from the Atlassian team. My colleague Paul Buffington @Buff and I are excited to share a brand new ITSM resource we’ve created – "The Complete Guide to At...

2,213 views 14 22
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you