Adding request participants automatically to new request

Dear all,

I would like to add automatically a person to "Request participants" when a new request is created.

I tried to use the automation function by creating a rule: WHEN Issue created THEN Edit issue. This doesn't work since the possible field options for "Edit Issue" do not include "Request participants". So that I could select "Request participants" instead of "Assignee" as this screenshot shows.
image.png

I would like to know how I can either add "Request participants" as an option for "Edit Issue" or if there is another way to achieve my goal? The other related questions I have found here, couldn't help me further.

Thank you!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 vote

Hi Wolfgang,

I understand you are wanting to automatically add a user to the request participants when an issue is created in Jira Service Desk.  I am afraid this is not something that Service Desk can do natively at this time.  There is an open feature request for this ability in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-1530  I would recommend voting/watching that feature request for updates on this.  

The interesting part is that this feature request does list a workaround KB that explains how this could be done with either of two 3rd party plugins for Jira.  Please see the KB How to automatically add request participants when creating an issue

I hope this helps.

Thank you for your answer, Andrew. It helps a lot. Thanks again.

Hi Wolfgang,

I'm guessing you've solved this by now but just in case I wanted to let you know that the Power Scripts add-on can also do this.

There is a video walking you through it step by step here.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Feb 15, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

1,209 views 6 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot