Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

"Watch" options for Ideas

Hello there, 

When using Ideas many times I wanted to share the Idea with some people by adding them as Watchers.

Is there a similar way here?

2 comments

Yes, there is. You can add watchers in data center using:

watchers - dc.jpg

or in cloud using:

watchers - cl.jpg

You can even get them to vote on your ideas!

Hi @Linda Milne_Togetha Group_ this community group is for "Jira Product Discovery", a new Jira product built as part of point A and currently in closed beta. If you'd like access to try it out let me know. 

Hi @augusto_damario , this functionality isn't available in Jira Product Discovery yet - but it's definitely something we have on the roadmap. 

Cheers,
Tanguy

Like Krish Sharma likes this

Hi Tanguy, this is something which i also had on my list. It would be great for watchers to also get notifications when something is updated. At the moment does the idea owner get a notification when an idea is updated and is it possible to add in more people? 

Like Tanguy Crusson likes this

Hello, Our customer facing teams are asking about this feature as well.  I see this was added to the roadmap per the above, but it was a while ago.  Is there progress?

Lots of times one team submits the idea, but another is responsible for tracking it, and they don't want to keep checking to see if there's activity so really what they want is more of the "alerts" for a list of people. 

From my perspective, I also think knowing what triggers an alert will be important (all changes or just content changes).

Comment

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you